Friday, October 30, 2009

My Workout

I'm not one for talking about my own workouts. Usually, I just try to wipe myself out with a combination of kettlebells, body weight exercises, and as little rest as possible. But, the trap I think we all fall into is doing the exercises we like. You probably think I'm nuts, but I LIKE squats, lunges, pushups, and pullups. My clients reading this are saying, "uh, yeah, we know that!".
So, to force myself to change things up, I've been going to the blog sites of some of my kettlebell buddies to check out what workouts they're doing. I'll take bits and pieces from their training and come up with my own form of torture.

Wednesday looked a little something like this:

5 minute jump-rope warmup
5 yoga up/down dogs
2 TGU each side w/12k (to remind my joints where they SHOULD be)

Squat Ladder 10,9,8,7,6 w/12k & 5,4,3,2,1 w/16k w/10 swings between each squat set (NO rest)

3 sets of:
5 pullups
10 pushups
3 pistols each leg w/12k
30 sec rest between sets

3 sets of:
1 double swing
1 double clean
1 double press
1 double squat
5 x thru with 12k
30 sec rest between sets

3 sets of:
5 double snatches w/12k
30 sec rest between sets
cooldown with 5 yoga up/down dogs, other stretching

Kind of random workout, but it felt good. Never tried double snatches- SUPER FUN! I know, I still did squats, pushups, and pullups, BUT I also did TGUs (turkish get-ups), and double kb exercises.

My goals:
Complete the Femme Fatale Challenge- press 24k, pullup w/24k, pistol w/24k
Work on the TGU every day! Do TGU with 24k on each side.
I'll check back in January and tell you how I'm progressing!

Happy Training!

No comments:

Post a Comment